Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Simple Yet Satisfying.

Today I decided that I would turn my bumness into something fun and wonderful. For years I have looked at my beautiful prom dress hanging in the corner of my room and thought "hmm I wonder if this still fits me?"

So today was the day to find out. I climbed up on my bed and unhooked my dream of a dress and put it on. I am happy to report that after four years it still fits. :)


As you can see it has two of my favorite colors, pink and black. The corset body leads into a spectacular realm of poof and sparkles. I don't know about you, but this is what I imagine when I hear the words "princess dress". Naturally, this called for primping. I went to the plaza earlier with my Mom, and purchased this awesome set of two curling devices.. so it was a perfect opportunity to try one out :)
And who could forget the pretty pink and black eye makeup to go along with it!


Sometimes I just love the fact that I am a girl and can dress all pretty. It kind of makes me happy. The little things truly make for the most satisfying results. Thumbs up to being a girly girl :)

Now I must add a little blurb about something that I have learned in the past few months. I promise it goes along with this theme I have chosen. Along with loving being a girly girl, big poofy dresses with sparkles and the color pink, I also love to have all the answers to everything. The fact of the matter is that that is not practical, nor will it happen in the near future. Stressing over little things does not make those answers come any quicker, so here is my solution: Don't worry. Everything will work out the way its supposed to. Want to know how I came up with that? Well Heavenly Father helped me figure that out. I am so grateful that I have Him and Jesus Christ because they have blessed me so much. They are always there no matter what and help me through every situation. It's so true that every situation you are placed in and every person you meet is given to you for a reason. I have learned so much because of these life experiences. One thing is for certain, the best things are worth waiting for. BUT, if you take too long you might miss an opportunity. 

I was freaking out earlier last week because I thought for certain that I wanted to go on a mission. Then a funny thing happened. At the end of last semester I started hanging out with this great guy. So I was perplexed because I didn't know whether to date him, or go on a mission. My Mom is a very wise woman, because she told me that I need to stop worrying about the future and just take life day by day. Thanks Mom. Long story short, my going on a mission.. may be a to be continued scenario. Anyways, life is great. I am so blessed. My family and friends are so wonderful and I love them so much. My best friend Kortney is getting married to her wonderful fiance Dane and another best friend Heather is getting married to her soulmate Robert. Life is good I am so happy for them!

Also, I am so grateful for the power of prayer. I am happy to report that my brother Adam has decided to come to his senses and stop being so stubborn. He realized that BYU-Idaho was a great place to be, started dating this wonderful girl, and has decided to serve a mission. Life is good. God is so gracious and loving. Life is so great each and everyday.

Oh and HORRAY for pretty pink princess dresses. So simple yet satisfying. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment