Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Sister Missionary Clothes :)

Okay ladies! I am so excited because my mission clothing search has come to a close. For all of those who think I have to dress like a nun for 18 months.. I have come to put those rumors to rest. It might have taken me a few months... but I think I've done good :) Hopefully this may help some of my fellow sister missionaries who are having some trouble because it can get really stressful... I mean guys have it easy... suit, tie and dress shoes.. vwallaa! Girls we have to get dressy skirts and shirts that mix and match and buy comfy dressy walking shoes.

 
Sister Marino :) The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints


Top & Bottom: Forever 21

 The good thing is that you can wear colored tee-shirts like this and change it up a little bit. This tee was from JC Penny's. Add a belt and dress it up a little bit. The belt is from Forever 21. Here I'm trying to show you how you can mix and match a bit. You are going to need to since you only can have like max 8 outfits.

 You really have to play with the colors a little bit and see what goes with what, but it's fun  :)


This shirt is a large... but it looks smaller.. so don't rule that out. Forever 21 again :) Yes I did spend like 3 million hours in that store haha.

I like the rolled sleeve look with the collar. This shirt is from old navy. See how many combinations you can make with one skirt. Your life is not over I promise :) If I can do it you can too!

This dress was $7 at Macy's.. it's simple, but has some blue polka dots on it. Add a belt to make it have more variety.

 Again here is the tee shirt look, with a belted skirt. Both are from Forever 21. Make sure you buy tee-shirts that aren't cap-sleeved :)

 Shirt: TJ Maxx and skirt again from Forever 21 (purchased in the fall).


Top and bottom : Forever 21.. I wanted a little lacy and pearl. It's nice to have some variety. All the lace these days seems to be see-through or too short.. so this was a victory for me :)
 

I found this little shawl at Target for $4.. it gives a little different look. Belt :Francesca's (little boutique) 

 Again with the yellow top (Forever 21), skirt from christopher and brooks... I know kind of random.. but they did have some cute comfy skirts.

 Here's another way to wear the skirt. Add a belt! (Rue 21)

 
Add in a bow sometimes :) This headband is from Forever 21. I wanted to add a little bright color to the skirt as well. This shirt is from old navy.


 This skirt is also from christopher and brooks. Tee shirt: H&M They have some really good ones there for coverage.

 Again, adding a belt and switching the color. You get the idea :)


Switching up the look again.

 I love mustard colored clothing. I bought this in the fall though (Forever 21) which I was surprised to find because long skirts are in short supply.



 Scarves are always a nice thing to dress up your wardrobe.. Target! They have super cute ones!


Stripes are also nice :) This shirt is from H&M... see told you they have good tees :)


Skirt: Downeast Outfitters. I like all the colors because it leaves room for possibilities.
 

Dunn dun dun duhhh.. add a belt.


Do you see what I mean with the colors? Awesome right?

 

This sweater is from JC Penny's in the business clothes section. I liked the ruffles and buttons.

The skirt : Target :) Add a flower and give your look a little pizazzz.
 
 

A little different is the flowy shirt without a collar. I was surprised to find a mint shirt that wasn't completely see-through. Forever 21... also flower headband (forever 21).


This flower is nice because you can put it in your hair...
 

  
Or pin it to your shirt as a little decoration. Shirt: JC Penny's Worthington, the skirt is also from this section.

 Try mixing some different colors together and you may be surprised!


Skirt: Target, shirt: Forever 21.


I like this skirt a lot because it has red, yellow and white with a navy background, which goes well with a lot of different colors. That is your best bet!


This is the part I am most excited about and that is SHOES!
I don't know about you, but I am super super picky about my shoes. Some of those walking shoes that Sister Missionaries buy that are like hundreds of dollars I could not justify and dreaded the thought of putting on my feet haha.

 
 Cute flower look, brown and comfy! b.o.c. is the brand that makes shoes for nurses, so they have a lot of support in them! I found these at Famous Footwear for $30.

 
These are shoes made by Dr. Scholls. Pumps with comfort can you believe it!? I never knew that that existed! TJ Maxx $15.
 

This is another brand you can trust for comfortable shoes. Soul Intuition. TJ Maxx $15.

So I hope this helps. It definitely takes time and patience, but I know you can do it. :) 

By the way I have a lot of short sleeve things because I am serving in Brazil.. so it gets pretty hot. When you serve in colder areas you can wear sweaters and cardigans. I have plenty of those, but won't need them as much. 

I just got word today that I will actually be entering the MTC on my date February 6th in Provo. I was originally supposed to go to the Brazil MTC, but my visa will not be here on time. I wasn't even sure I would be able to go to the MTC on my date because of all the new missionaries, but I am so blessed.. the Lord isn't putting my date off anymore. I would have actually entered today if the age hadn't been changed. I know that February 6th will be a wonderful day for me. I hope to update one more time before leaving. Have a great day :)

5 comments: